Wednesday 11 July 2012

Bismuth Blue


This is a bespoke Bismuth ring made especially for a very talented textiles artist and very good friend. The colours of Bismuth can vary, oxidising with pinky tones, greens, golds you name it really. This is the bluest specimen I've seen, and I knew it was the one for her.







Mayan Ruins

Bismuth is has such an unusual shape. It reminds me of ancient temples and stepped landscapes. The angular corners are so like the traditional key patterns seen in ancient cultures as well, but contrasted by an unreal petrol blue and rainbow metallics.


Here are some matching earrings I made to go with the ring, using some bismuth fragments my friend chose and supplied herself. I think I will have to make some of these for myself, there's such an array of colours concentrated in these sci-fi nuggets they would go with a lot of different things.



No comments: